Clubfoot Education Online
In November 2021, we will announce our new date and format for the 2022 Clubfoot Africa Conference.
As a lead up to the conference, in November and December 2021 and January 2022, we will host the three-part Expanding Clubfoot Treatment Webinar series featuring some of our 2022 Clubfoot Africa Conference faculty and other global clubfoot thought leaders.
This follows on from our first webinar series ‘Clubfoot Clinic Coordination’, presented by Steps Clubfoot Africa Education in June and July of 2021.
Sign up to be notified about webinar and conference updates.
2021 STEPS CLUBFOOT AFRICA EDUCATION WEBINAR SERIES: ‘EXPANDING CLUBFOOT TREATMENT’
This webinar series provides an opportunity to discuss the latest studies and knowledge on key aspects of clubfoot treatment. There are three webinars: 23 November and 7th December 2021 and 25th January 2022.
Duration: 90 minutes per webinar
Start Time: 14h00 SAST (UTC+2)
Format: Each webinar in the series has a Keynote talk, followed by a Global Panel Discussion of the topic, and a live Q&A session
CPD Points: 3 (South African registered health care professionals)
UK CPD Points: Application pre-approved.
Recordings of the webinars will be available online if you are unable to attend live. Q&A session is only available for the live webinars.
If you missed out and would like to receive access to the videos for the 3-part series, The recordings are available to watch on Vimeo:
This webinar series focused on all the aspects of running a clubfoot clinic that is not medical treatment.
- Basic Clubfoot Knowledge: How to Recognise it and Treatment, with a focus on the Ponseti method
- Defining the Non-Medical Tasks in the Clinic and Communication Channels: – Parent Education, Data Capture, Brace Support, etc.
- Support: Understanding the Key Points of Parent Education and Support to Increase Adherence to Treatment
- Data: Reviewing Current Data Capture Tools, Types of Data, Submission and Use of Data
- The Clubfoot Brace: Types of braces, the Importance of the Clubfoot Brace,
- Increasing Adherence
Clinic Processes: Reporting from the Field, Discussion of Challenges and Solutions in Low-
- Resource Settings
Advocacy: Sharing Success Stories, Reducing Stigma, Increasing Early Diagnosis.
We thank our sponsors for their support
Get notified about our next live conference coming in 2022!