1. Call for Abstracts
- Delegates wishing to present Oral or Poster Presentations are invited to submit a short summary in English for consideration.
- No late abstracts will be accepted.
- Abstracts Submission: Monday, 1 March to Monday, 31 May 2021
- A request for abstract submissions to be extended, must be sent by e-mail by no later than Monday, 31 May 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Conference Medical Committee reserves the right to select Oral and E-Posters for presentation.
- Papers not accepted for oral presentation may be considered for E-Posters.
- Abstracts received will be acknowledged and notification of acceptance or rejection will be mailed by Thursday 1 July 2021.
- Final confirmation of the presentation will be no later than Thursday, 1 July 2021
2. Abstract Guidelines
- The abstract should not exceed 200 words and results must be clearly presented in the abstract.
- All presenting authors are requested to fully register for the conference by 31 May 2021. If no registration and payment for the conference has been received by this deadline, the presentation will not be listed in the programme.
- Abstract Upload: only online abstract submissions will be considered to email@example.com (fax and postal transmissions will not be accepted).
- The overall theme at the conference is ‘Moulding the Future’, with the following sub-themes:
- Theme 1: Treating the older child
- Theme 2: Making treatment work in Africa
- Theme 3: Technology and Innovation
- Personal Information that must be included is:
- Title, Name and Surname
- Cell contact number
- Landline contact number
- Institution if applicable
- The body of the abstract must include the following details.
- Problem / theory you wish to address
- Purpose of the paper
- Methods you employed
- The results
- The conclusion and what you learned
- Possible impact (if applicable)
- Please avoid referring to authors, hospital, institution or city names in the abstract as iit will be undergoing blinded review.
- Please do not include any figures or references in the abstract. If you have to use abbreviations, please provide the abbreviation in brackets after the first use of the full term.
- Download the template provided for the abstract submissions.
- Abstracts will be reviewed and published as received. It remains the responsibility of the author/s to ensure that all information is accurate and that the language and presentation is of acceptable standard.
Want to be the first to hear about news around Africa’s first Clubfoot Conference?
Register to our mailer and we will keep you in the loop.